NB: The AAU ALUMNI SYSTEM IS UNDER DEVELOPMENT AND IS EXPECTED TO BE LAUNCHED IN THE BEGINNING OF 2019
What is AAU Alumni?
AAU’s alumni network is an offer for you if you want to stay in touch with AAU and your former students and colleagues after your PhD graduation.
WHY beCOME an AAU ALUMNI?
AAU Alumni makes you able to network with other alumni, participate in professional and social events, and stay up to date with anything that goes on at AAU.
Benefits: As an AAU Alumni you have the benefits of:
- Discounts at Folkeuniversitetet.
- Participation in events at The University Chaplains.
- Access to The University Library in Aalborg, Copenhagen and Esbjerg and a large number of the services offered by the library (incl. access to RefWorks and JSTORE).
- Participation in various professional events hosted by AAU Alumni.
- Participation in the annual AAU Alumni party (every first Friday in October).
Become a resource person for AAU: As a member of AAU Alumni you can sign up as ambassador for the university and your previous study/department. As ambassador you might be contacted when we need:
- A guest lecturer with a unique knowledge of the exact area you are working within.
- A speaker who can provide the graduate students at your previous study a sense of how theory can be put in to practice in your common field of study.
- Alumni who would like to participate in the quality development of the university and the different programmes. This could be through focus group interviews about the link between study and carreer.
- Alumni who can tell the "good story" and thus act to promote your study to prospetive student.
All of the above are examples of your tasks as ambassador for AAU Alumni. You always have the choice to decline an enquiry from AAU Alumni if you do not have time for or are unable to contribute to the specific task.
Can I become a member of AAU Alumni?
If you have completed a PhD degree from Aalborg University you can become a member of the university’s alumni network AAU Alumni. Read more and sign up at AAU Alumni.